March 28, 2012

Unusually Kentucky

by Josh

As far as I can remember I have always had at least slight interest in Kentucky history. Something though that really deepened my affection was the blog





I loved this site. Daily I would obsessively check it for updates. It is one of the very few blogs that I have read every entry.

Not only was it a place with many a story about the old Bluegrass state but one that focused on the weird. Being a Kentuckian and having been a child with several "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" books, it was almost as if this blog was written for me. They covered topics from "Underwater Cemeteries" to "Naked Civil War Battle" to "Abraham Lincoln, Spiritualist?," and everything in-between.

It was written by Jeffrey Scott Holland a Kentucky artist who probably deserves his own blog entry some day.













Holland, seen here karate chopping a photographer.

He also wrote the Kentucky entry in the Weird series of books.























Unfortunately he took a hiatus from Unusual Kentucky in July of last year but he has a hundreds of great posts archived to peruse. I encourage you to check it out.


*Bonus Round*

He uh at least slightly angered the Creation Museum as Ken Ham himself addressed Holland in his blog entry called Weird "Journalism." Really Mr.Ham? You should be ashamed of yourself. The best blog title you could come up with was Weird "Journalism?" Come on! I mean just look at my genius blog title. Ashamed...


*Second Bonus Round*
"Jeffery Scott Helliond"
"Big Bang Weary"
"The Ark: Bigger on the Inside"
"I HAVE a dinosaur you can ride"
Uh, I think I lost focus somewhere. Feel free to comment with better blog titles decrying Jeffery Scott Holland for his Weird Kentucky book!

No comments:

Post a Comment